Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A funny thing happened at the State Capitol

A funny thing happened at the State Capitol:  A few years ago LA Metro brought two test buses up from Los Angeles as part of a demo package for local transit agencies.  LA Metro wanted photos of their fancy new buses in front of the State Capitol, so they asked me if I would do the pictures.  We took the buses to Sacramento negotiating the congested streets.  When we arrived at the Capitol we had perfect position and perfect light, so as soon as traffic cleared getting the picture was easy.  I shot the smaller bus first, then moved on to the big bus.  I got the shot then ran across the street to board the bus to go back home. As I boarded the bus the driver was saying something,  but I had trouble comprehending what he was saying. Between the time I took to photo, and the time I boarded the bus disaster struck.  A passing pickup truck got to close and collided with the front corner of the bus causing about $8,000.00 in damage to the bus. Whoops!  And it was such a pretty bus.

www.captivatingphotos.net


No comments:

Post a Comment