Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Practicing what I preach

Practicing what I preach:

Last Saturday I taught a class on Lighting and Flash photography.  In the class I showed samples of how the camera's metering was effected by light and dark colors within the scene.  On Sunday we did a photo shoot that was very challenging:  It was heavily backlit , and many people we wearing all white

If there are a lot of highlights in the scene the image becomes under exposed

If there are a lot of darks in the scene it most likely becomes overexposed.
To keep my camera from reacting or over reacting to every different scene, we took an incident light reading for the ambient light, and factored the percentage of flash contribution at 50% flash to ambient contribution.
This makes for a perfect exposure every shot.
www,captivatingphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment